NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA. MUST BE AGE EIGHTEEN (18) OR OLDER TO ENTER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. How to Enter. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. The GOYA® ChickInspirations Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) sponsored by GOYA® Foods, Inc. (“GOYA®” or “Sponsor”) begins at 12:00:00 a.m. (ET) on July 14, 2013, and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. (ET) on December 28, 2013 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). During the Sweepstakes period there will be twenty-four (24) weekly entry periods each beginning at 12:00:00 a.m. (ET) on Sunday and ending at 11:59:59 p.m. (ET) on the following Saturday.
Website Entry: You must be a member of Pinterest to enter via the GOYA® website. To become a member of Pinterest, you may go to http://www.pinterest.com to request membership. Membership to Pinterest is free. Pinterest membership is not guaranteed by GOYA® Foods, Inc. Then, to enter, visit www.goya.com/english/ChickInspirations, register and include the URL link to your “GOYA® ChickInspirations” Pin Board for your chance to win a prize. Limit one entry per week per email address/person, and you must have posted at least one GOYA® ChickInspirations recipe to your GOYA® ChickInspirations Pin Board to be eligible.
Alternatively, you may enter by mail by mailing a 3x5 inch card which contains your name, address, telephone number, email address and date of birth to GOYA® ChickInspirations Sweepstakes, PO Box 119, Darien, CT 06820. Mailed entries must be received on or before December 28, 2013 to be entered into the Grand Prize Sweepstakes. Mailed entries will be entered into the Weekly Sweepstakes during the week in which such entry is received. You may enter by mail no more than once in any week.
Limit one (1) entry per week regardless of entry method. Sponsor's computer is the official time keeping device for this Sweepstakes.
3. Winner Selection and Notification. Weekly prize winners will be selected at random by Sponsor on or about five (5) days after the close of each week of the sweepstakes. The potential Grand Prize winner will be selected at random by Sponsor on or about January 10, 2014.
Winners will be notified by telephone and/or email within approximately one (1) week after being selected. Winners may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release, and, where lawful, a publicity release. A prize will be forfeited (i) if the selected prize winner does not respond to notification attempt(s) within thirty (30) days following the initial notification attempt or is found to be not in compliance with these Official Rules, or fails to return the requisite documents in a timely manner, (ii) in the event of non-compliance with any of the requirements of these Official Rules, and/or (iii) if the prize notification or prize is returned as undeliverable.
4. Prizes: The Grand Prize consists of a GOYA® cookbook and $10,000 awarded in the form of a check made payable to the winner. The $10,000 for “GOYA® ChickInspired Dinners for Life” is based on 80.1 pounds of chicken/year, $1.46/pound and 78.64 years with an additional amount to purchase GOYA® products. Each of the twenty-four (24) weekly prize winners will receive a $25 American Express Gift Card. Total value of all prizes: $10,600. No prize substitution or cash redemption, except in Sponsor's discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in its sole discretion. Prizes are not transferable. All expenses not specified in these Official Rules, including, without limitation, taxes and insurance are solely prize winner's responsibility. Prize winner shall be responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes including but not limited to any sales and income taxes.
6. Odds of Winning. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Use of Winner's Name and Likeness. Except where legally prohibited, the winner grants permission for Sponsor and those acting under its authority to use his/her name, photograph, voice and/or likeness, for advertising and/or publicity purposes in any and all media at Sponsor's discretion without consent or additional compensation.
8. General Release. ENTRANTS RELEASE AND AGREE TO HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR AND ITS PARENT COMPANIES, SUBSIDIARIES, MEMBERS, AFFILIATES AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, SHAREHOLDERS, OWNERS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AGENTS, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES AND ALL OTHERS ASSOCIATED WITH THE DEVELOPMENT OR EXECUTION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASEES”), FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY OR ANY DAMAGES OR CAUSES OF ACTION (HOWEVER NAMED OR DESCRIBED) ARISING OUT OF PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, AND/OR THE RECEIPT, USE, MISUSE OR NONUSE OF THE PRIZE AWARDED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, RIGHTS OF PUBLICITY OR PRIVACY, DEFAMATION OR PORTRAYAL IN A FALSE LIGHT (WHETHER INTENTIONAL OR UNINTENTIONAL), WHETHER UNDER A THEORY OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), WARRANTY OR OTHER THEORY. WINNER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT RELEASEES HAVE NEITHER MADE NOR ARE IN ANY MANNER RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATED TO A PRIZE.
9. General Conditions. By entering the Sweepstakes and/or accepting a prize, entrants affirm that they have read and accepted these Official Rules. All decisions of Sponsor on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes are final. Releasees are not responsible for lost, interrupted, or unavailable network server or other connections, miscommunications, failed telephone or computer transmissions, or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic or for phone, electrical, network, computer hardware or software program malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or for ISP/network/Web site accessibility or unavailability, any incorrect or inaccurate entry information; human errors; technical malfunctions; theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; typographical, printing or other errors. Illegible, incomplete, duplicate and mechanically reproduced entries will be disqualified. False, fraudulent or deceptive entries or acts shall render entries ineligible. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified. If disqualified for any tampering or abuses, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate registered user's eligibility to participate in Sweepstakes. In the event any portion of this Sweepstakes is compromised by virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, corrupts, or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper submission of entries, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to, modify, suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes, and select the winner from entries received prior to the action taken. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. Winners List. For the name of the Sweepstakes winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope for receipt by March 31, 2014 to: GOYA® ChickInspirations Sweepstakes, PO Box 119, Darien, CT 06820, Attn: Winners List.
11. Miscellaneous. This Sweepstakes is governed solely by the laws of the United States. The Sweepstakes and these Official Rules will be governed, construed, and interpreted under the laws of the State of New Jersey. Any claims arising out of the Sweepstakes may be brought only in a federal or state court in New Jersey. If any provisions of these Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify these Official Rules at any time without notice. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify persons whose eligibility is in question or for any other reason whatsoever. Please note that Pinterest is neither a participant in nor a sponsor of this promotion.
12. Sponsor. GOYA® Foods, Inc., 100 Seaview Drive, Secaucus, NJ 07096.