GOYA encourages you to pursue your dream career in the Culinary Arts and Food Sciences fields.
The GOYA Foods Culinary Arts and Food Sciences Scholarship Program is available on a competitive basis to students entering a four-year institution as freshmen who are Culinary Arts or Food Sciences majors. Awards are in the amount of $5,000 awarded per academic year starting in 2013-2014 and are renewable for up to three additional years (2014-2015 through 2016-2017) for a total Scholarship of $20,000 provided the student remains eligible to receive funding.
Application Postmark Deadline
Verification of Enrollment
January 31, 2013
January 2013 – April 2013
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.00 on a 4.00 scale
- Be a U.S. Citizen, legal permanent resident, or eligible non-U.S. Citizen
- Plan to enroll full-time starting in 2013-2014 in a degree seeking program with the U.S. as a Freshman at a four-year U.S. accredited institution and obtaining their 1st undergraduate degree
- Must complete 10 hours per month of community service while in the program. This activity will be tracked by GOYA.
- Must be majoring in Culinary Arts or Food Sciences
- Must have a permanent address in one of the following areas:
(counties of Merced, Madera, Kings, Tulare, Kern, Santa Barbara, Ventura, Los Angeles, San Bernardino, Orange, Riverside, San Diego, Imperial)
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- Must apply for federal financial aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Applicants are required to submit an essay response to the following prompt: “Please explain how GOYA has enriched your family traditions.”
All applications are screened for eligibility and completeness; eligible applications are reviewed by readers certified by American College Testing (ACT). These readers are comprised of educators and other professionals within the educational community. After applications are read and entered into the scholarship database, HSF searches for students among the GOYA applicants that match GOYA’s requirements.