Goya Foods Culinary Arts Scholarship Program
The Goya Foods Culinary Arts Scholarship is available on a competitive basis to students planning to enroll as freshman in a culinary arts or food sciences area of study. Four awards of $5,000 each will be granted every year and are renewable for up to three years, or until a bachelor’s degree is earned, whichever occurs first, for a maximum scholarship award of $20,000 provided the student remains eligible to receive funding.
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or its equivalent)
- Be a U.S. Citizen, legal permanent resident, or eligible non-U.S. Citizen
- Plan to enroll full-time starting in the next academic year (2015-2016) in a degree seeking program at a two-year or four-year U.S. accredited institution
- Must be obtaining first undergraduate degree
- Must be entering as freshman and majoring in culinary arts or food sciences
- Must be willing to complete 10 hours of community service per month while receiving funding. This activity will be tracked by Scholarship America®.
- Applicants are required to submit an essay response to the following prompt: “Please explain how Goya has enriched your family traditions.”
The application deadline is February 15, 2015.
The program will use Scholarship America® recipient selection criteria including the consideration of financial need, academic performance, demonstrated leadership and participation in school and community activities, work experience, a statement of career and educational goals and objectives, unusual personal or family circumstances and an outside appraisal.