Apply now to the Goya Foods Scholarship Program!
The Goya Foods Scholarship Program awards a $5,000 annual scholarship to eligible children of Goya employees, brokers, and independent drivers. Scholarships are distributed annually to eligible students looking to obtain their first undergraduate degree at either a two-year or four-year U.S. accredited institution. Awards are renewable for up to three additional years or until a bachelor's degree is earned, for a maximum total scholarship of $20,000 provided the student remains eligible for funding. The Goya Scholarship Program considers undergraduate students of all class levels, not just incoming freshmen!
- Be a dependent* child of a full-time Goya employee, broker, or independent driver** with at least one year of employment or affiliation at Goya.
- Dependent children are defined as biological, step- or legally adopted children living in the employee's household or primarily supported by the employee.
- **Goya employee, broker or independent driver must be a member in good standing and remain employed or affiliated with Goya for the duration of the time their child is participating in the Goya Scholarship Program, for potentially up to four years
- Be a U.S. citizen, legal permanent resident, or eligible non-U.S. citizen.
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Have plans to enroll full-time starting in the next academic year (2019-2020) in a degree seeking program at a two-year or four year U.S.-accredited institution. Students enrolling in a two-year college must plan to transfer to a four-year institution to earn a bachelor's degree.
- Be obtaining their 1st undergraduate degree
- Be willing to complete 10 hours per month of community service while receiving funding; this activity will be tracked by Scholarship America®.
The application deadline is February 15, 2019.
The program will use Scholarship America® recipient selection criteria including the consideration of financial need, academic performance, demonstrated leadership and participation in school and community activities, work experience, a statement of career and educational goals and objectives, unusual personal or family circumstances and an outside appraisal.
FOR APPLICATION CLICK HERE
Application link: https://www.scholarsapply.org/goya/