GOYA REAL-LIFE CHEFS SWEEPSTAKES
NO PAYMENT, ENTRY FEE OR PURCHASE REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN.
OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (EXCLUDING PUERTO RICO, GUAM, THE U.S. VIRGIN ISLANDS AND OTHER U.S. TERRITORIES). PARTICIPANTS MUST BE AT LEAST TWENTY-ONE (21) YEARS OLD AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- HOW TO ENTER. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. The GOYA Real-Life Chefs Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by Goya Foods, Inc. (“Goya” or “Sponsor”). The Sweepstakes begins at 12:01 AM (ET) on January 22, 2018, and ends at 11:59 PM (ET) on March 31, 2018 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). The Culinary Institute of America (“CIA”) is solely a prize provider for the Sweepstakes. Sponsor’s clock is the official time keeping device for the Sweepstakes. There are two methods by which to enter the Sweepstakes:
- Make a Purchase and Enter an UPC Code: During the Sweepstakes Period purchase any Goya product. Locate the UPC code (“Code”) on the package. Then, visit www.goya.com/procheftips and follow the links and instructions to complete and submit the registration form including a valid email address. Then, follow the links and instructions to enter the Code. Once the Code has been validated, you will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes.
- Mail-In Alternate Method: Alternatively, you may enter by mail by mailing a 3x5 inch card which contains your name, address, telephone number, email address and date of birth to GOYA Real-Life Chefs Sweepstakes, PO Box 272, Rowayton, CT 06853. Mailed entries must be postmarked on or before March 31, 2018 and received by April 9, 2018 to be entered into the Sweepstakes.
- ENTRY LIMITATIONS: Limit one (1) Sweepstakes entry per person per calendar week during the Sweepstakes Period regardless of entry method. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address or other relevant account. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, any entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail account from which it was sent. The authorized account holder shall be the natural person to whom the applicable e-mail address has been assigned by the Internet access provider, service provider, or other online organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. A selected winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that the selected winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry. If a dispute cannot be resolved, the entry will be deemed ineligible.
- ELIGIBILITY. This Sweepstakes is open only to natural persons who are legal residents of the United States of America physically residing in one (1) of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico, Guam, the U.S. Virgin Islands, all other U.S. territories and possessions and overseas military installations) who have a valid Social Security or U.S. tax ID number who are at least twenty-one (21) years of age at the time of entry and who have a valid email address. Employees, officers, directors and agents of Sponsor, its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, CIA, wholesale distributors, and individual retail licensees and the immediate family members (meaning spouses, parents, siblings, children and their respective spouses) and members of the households of such employees, officers, directors and agents are not eligible. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the account will be deemed to be the entrant. Sponsor may request any potential winner to provide proof that such person is the winner. All potential winners are subject to verification before any prize will be awarded. Sponsor reserves the right to permanently disqualify from this Sweepstakes any person it believes has intentionally violated these Official Rules. Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state and local laws. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION. Potential prize winners will be selected at random from among all eligible entries on or about April 9, 2018 by Sponsor (or its designee), whose decisions are final and binding on all aspects of this Sweepstakes and not subject to appeal. Potential winners will be notified by telephone and/or email within approximately forty-eight (48) hours after being selected. Potential winners will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, an IRS Form W-9, and, where lawful, a Publicity Release, and any other documentation that the Sponsor may require (including a Liability and Publicity Release from Grand Prize Winner’s Guest) and see to it that the Sponsor is in receipt of these documents within forty-eight (48) hours of having received the same. In all cases, the Sponsor reserves the right to request proof of residency and age and a potential winner will be deemed to have forfeited the prize if the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, finds that the proof is unsatisfactory. If a potential winner does not timely return the requisite documents or cannot be reached within three (3) days from initial notification attempt, if prize is returned as non-deliverable, or in the event of non-compliance with any of the requirements of these Official Rules, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate potential winner will be selected at random from the remaining eligible entries and confirmed in accordance with these Official Rules.
There will be seven (7) prizes (“Prizes”) awarded: Two (2) Grand Prizes and Five (5) Runner-Up Prizes.
Two (2) Grand Prizes: Grand Prize winners (each, a “Grand Prize Winner”) will each receive a five (5) day, six (6) night trip for Grand Prize Winner and up to one (1) guest (“Guest”) to the Napa Valley, California campus of the CIA for a Cooking Bootcamp.
Grand Prize trip will include round trip economy class air transportation for Grand Prize Winner and Guest from a major airport near Grand Prize Winner’s home (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) to San Francisco, CA*; six (6) nights standard hotel accommodations (one room, double occupancy) in a hotel determined by Sponsor; a rental car for the length of the stay (make and model determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) (fuel costs not included); a five (5) day Cooking Bootcamp experience at the CIA’s Napa Valley, California campus (schedule of Cooking Bootcamp to be determined by CIA); uniforms for the Grand Prize Winner and Guest; tool and knife kit for the Grand Prize Winner and Guest; dinner for one night at the CIA restaurant (maximum value $150); and One Thousand Dollars ($1,000).
Grand Prize Winner and Guest must be able to travel on the date(s) directed by CIA to coincide with the Cooking Bootcamp. If Grand Prize Winner is unable to travel during the designated time period(s), Grand Prize will be forfeited and no further or alternative compensation will be provided. If Grand Prize Winner elects to partake in any or all portions of his/her Grand Prize with no Guest, the Grand Prize will be awarded to Grand Prize Winner and any remainder of the Grand Prize will be forfeited and shall not be subject to further or alternative compensation. All elements of the Grand Prize must be redeemed at the same time, and no changes will be permitted after confirmation of any redemption. Guest must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older as of the date of departure and must travel on the same itinerary and at the same time as the Grand Prize Winner. Specific travel dates and arrangements are subject to air travel, holiday, blackout dates, and other prize and travel restrictions. Travel dates are subject to CIA and Sponsor approval. Fair market value (“FMV”) of Grand Prize may vary depending upon the points of departure, ground transportation, seasonal hotel rates, and/or airline fare fluctuations; any difference between stated FMV and final FMV of Grand Prize will not be awarded. Grand Prize consists only of the elements expressly set forth above; no other elements or expenses (including, without limitation, insurance, meals, unspecified ground transportation, phone calls, gratuities, incidentals, souvenirs, gasoline, etc.) are included in the Grand Prize and all such expenses are the sole responsibility of Grand Prize Winner. Grand Prize Winner is responsible for any air travel taxes and/or expenses, including applicable departure taxes or fees, inspection charges, baggage fees, and security charges. Grand Prize Winner and Guest are responsible for obtaining, at their own expense, any necessary travel documentation (i.e. valid photo identification, visas, passports, etc.) prior to travel. Once issued, tickets are nontransferable and may not be reissued once travel has commenced. Open tickets may not be issued and stopovers are not permitted. All details of the Grand Prize will be determined by Sponsor and/or CIA in its/their discretion and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a similar prize or prize element of comparable value. Travel arrangements must be made through Sponsor. Grand Prize trip must occur within one (1) year of award or Grand Prize will be forfeited and no further or alternative compensation will be provided.
In the event a Grand Prize winner or his/her Guest engages in behavior that, as determined by the Sponsor or CIA in their discretion, is obnoxious or threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, Sponsor and CIA each reserve the right to terminate the trip early, whole or in part, and send the Grand Prize Winner and his/her Guest home with no further obligation. In the event a Grand Prize Winner engages in behavior during travel that (as determined by Sponsor and CIA in their discretion) is illegal, tortious, or subjects winner to arrest or detention, Sponsor and CIA shall have no obligation to pay any damages, fees, fines, judgments or other costs or expenses of any kind whatsoever incurred by Grand Prize Winner as a result of such conduct. SPONSOR AND CIA SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY PERSONAL INJURIES, DEATH, PROPERTY DAMAGE, OR OTHER DAMAGES OR EXPENSES RESULTING FROM OR ARISING OUT OF ANY TRAVEL RELATED TO THE PRIZE OR ANY OTHER ASPECT OF GRAND PRIZE WINNER’S ACCEPTANCE OR USE OF THE PRIZE.
The approximate FMV of each Grand Prize is Ten Thousand Five Hundred and Fifty Dollars ($10,550.00).
* Sponsor reserves the right to require Grand Prize Winner to travel by ground transportation in the event Grand Prize Winner resides within one hundred (100) miles of Napa Valley, CA.
Five (5) Runner-Up Prizes: Runner-Up Prize winners (each, a “Runner-Up Prize Winner”) will each receive a custom cooking lesson provided by a member of CIA faculty (“Custom Consultation”). Custom Consultation to include: (i) phone conversation of up to one (1) hour with CIA faculty to develop the curriculum; (ii) a prep list of ingredients provided to Runner-Up Prize Winner by CIA prior to lesson; and (iii) a cooking lesson with a member of CIA faculty of up to one (1) hour via Internet video connection. Custom Consultation to be provided at a date/time in CIA’s sole discretion. Runner-Up Prize Winner must provide (i) kitchen facilities and tools; (ii) ingredients on prep list; and (iii) technology to permit Internet video connection (including, without limitation, video camera, Internet access, computing device and Apple Facetime, Citrix Webex, Google Hangouts or Microsoft Skype software). Runner-Up Prize consists only of the elements expressly set forth above; no other elements or expenses are included in the Runner-Up Prize and all such expenses are the sole responsibility of Runner-Up Prize Winner. Custom Consultation must occur within one (1) year of award or Runner-Up Prize will be forfeited and no further or alternative compensation will be provided.
The FMV of each Runner-Up Prize is Seven Hundred Fifty Dollars ($750).
No prize substitution or cash redemption, except in Sponsor’s discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in its sole discretion. Prizes are not transferable. All expenses not specified in these Official Rules, including, without limitation, taxes and insurance are solely prize winner’s responsibility. Prize winner shall be responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes including but not limited to any sales and income taxes.
Approximate FMV of all prizes: $24,850 USD.
- ODDS OF WINNING. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- USE OF WINNER’S NAME AND LIKENESS. Except where legally prohibited, each Winner grants permission for Sponsor and those acting under its authority to use his/her name, photograph, voice and/or likeness, for advertising and/or publicity purposes in any and all media at Sponsor’s discretion without consent or additional compensation.
- GENERAL RELEASE. ENTRANTS RELEASE AND AGREE TO HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR AND ITS PARENT COMPANIES, SUBSIDIARIES, MEMBERS, AFFILIATES, CIA AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, SHAREHOLDERS, OWNERS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AGENTS, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES AND ALL OTHERS ASSOCIATED WITH THE DEVELOPMENT OR EXECUTION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASEES”), FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY OR ANY DAMAGES OR CAUSES OF ACTION (HOWEVER NAMED OR DESCRIBED) ARISING OUT OF PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, AND/OR THE RECEIPT, USE, MISUSE OR NONUSE OF THE PRIZE AWARDED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, RIGHTS OF PUBLICITY OR PRIVACY, DEFAMATION OR PORTRAYAL IN A FALSE LIGHT (WHETHER INTENTIONAL OR UNINTENTIONAL), WHETHER UNDER A THEORY OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), WARRANTY OR OTHER THEORY. WINNER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT RELEASEES HAVE NEITHER MADE NOR ARE IN ANY MANNER RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATED TO A PRIZE. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES), AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND ENTRANT'S REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO EVERY ENTRANT
- GENERAL CONDITIONS. By entering the Sweepstakes and/or accepting a prize, entrants affirm that they have read and accepted these Official Rules. All decisions of Sponsor on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes are final. Releasees are not responsible for lost, interrupted, or unavailable network server or other connections, miscommunications, failed telephone or computer transmissions, or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic or for phone, electrical, network, computer hardware or software program malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or for ISP/network/Web site accessibility or unavailability, any incorrect or inaccurate entry information; human errors; technical malfunctions; theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; typographical, printing or other errors. Illegible, incomplete, duplicate and mechanically reproduced entries will be disqualified. False, fraudulent or deceptive entries or acts shall render entries ineligible. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified. If disqualified for any tampering or abuses, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate registered user’s eligibility to participate in Sweepstakes. In the event any portion of this Sweepstakes is compromised by virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, corrupts, or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper submission of entries, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to, modify, suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes, and select the winner from entries received prior to the action taken.
- WINNERS LIST. For the name of the Sweepstakes winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope for receipt by September 30, 2018 to: GOYA Real-Life Chefs Sweepstakes, PO Box 272, Rowayton, CT 06853, Attn: Winners List.
- MISCELLANEOUS. This Sweepstakes is governed solely by the laws of the United States. The Sweepstakes and these Official Rules will be governed, construed, and interpreted under the laws of the State of New Jersey. Any claims arising out of the Sweepstakes may be brought only in a federal or state court in New Jersey. If any provisions of these Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify these Official Rules at any time without notice. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify persons whose eligibility is in question or for any other reason whatsoever.
- SPONSOR. Goya Foods, Inc., 350 County Rd., Jersey City, NJ 07307. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored or administered by The Culinary Institute of America. All inquiries regarding the Sweepstakes should be directed to Goya Foods, Inc.
Any third party trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective trademark owners. The use or mention of such third party trademarks in these Official Rules or in the Sweepstakes is solely for descriptive purposes and shall in no way imply an endorsement or sponsorship of the Sweepstakes. This Sweepstakes may be advertised on social media sites/platforms, but this promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, such social media sites/platforms (such as Twitter, Instagram or Facebook).